Frequent Questions

How do I register renewable gasoline?

Manufacturers/importers of renewable gasoline for on-road use are required to register the fuel with the EPA. 

To register, complete form 3520-12 available here:  Please indicate “renewable gasoline” in part 5(g).  If it is a renewable gasoline mixture (RDM) please indicate RDM in part 5(h) and state the renewable content.

Additionally, please attach the following information to the form:

  1. Description of raw materials used to manufacture the gasoline.
  2. Description of the process used to manufacture the gasoline.
  3. Laboratory test reports of the diesel indicating that it meets ASTM D4814.  
  4. Discussion why your fuel is substantially similar to diesel fuel used in emissions certification. 
Have more questions? Submit a request