Frequent Questions

Must a third party independent lab be "registered" with the EPA to get test methods approved?

Under §§ 80.584 and 80.585, each lab that will be testing fuel for compliance with the diesel regulations must obtain EPA approval on a laboratory-specific basis. The information required for approval is somewhat different depending on whether the test method is one that has been approved by a voluntary consensus-based standards body. However, there is no independent laboratory registration per se, as there is under the RFG program under § 80.65.

Question and Answer was originally posted at
Have more questions? Submit a request