Frequent Questions

EPA has stated that a Product Transfer Document must be provided to the transferee in an exchange transaction. Is this true when this exchange is instantaneous and the transferee has no ability to alter the product?

Yes. When any person transfers title or custody of any gasoline (with the exception of gasoline sold or dispensed at a retail outlet or wholesale purchaser-consumer for use in motor vehicles), the transferor must provide to the transferee the specific information pertaining to the fuel required in the product transfer documentation sections, regardless of the transferee's ability to alter the product.(8/29/94)

This question and answer is posted at The original was posted in the Q&A posted on 8/29/94 which can found at" See Question ID 3857 for RFG (Taken from the first question on
Have more questions? Submit a request