Frequent Questions

Would the following scenario require product transfer documents? At the end of a month of gasoline transactions, the following shortages apply: Company A owes 10,000 barrels of product to company B Company B owes 10,000 barrels of product to company C Com

EPA would not consider this a transfer of either custody or title since no actual gasoline is represented by these "book transfers"; however, PTD's must be provided where there is a transfer of title or custody of any volume of actual product (RFG, RBOB or conventional gasoline).(12/5/94)

This question and answer is posted at The original was posted in the Q&A posted on 12/5/94 which can found at" See Question ID 3857 for RFG (Taken from the first question on
Have more questions? Submit a request