Frequent Questions

In a situation where an importer leases tankage from another company, e.g., from a for-hire terminal, who must register such import facility, the company that owns the terminal, the importer that leases the tankage, or both?

Under § 80.2(r), an importer is defined as "a person who imports gasoline or gasoline blending stocks or components from a foreign country into the United States...." Accordingly, it is the importer of the gasoline, and not the owner of the terminal from whom the importer leases tankage, who must register under § 80.76.(10/17/94)

This question and answer is posted at The original was posted in the Q&A posted on 10/17/94 which can found at" See Question ID 3857 for RFG (Taken from the first question on
Have more questions? Submit a request