Frequent Questions

Once I register my fuel for the RFS2 program under §80.1450, do I still need to register my fuel under 40 CFR Part 79?

Yes. Renewable fuels intended for use or used in motor vehicles are required to be registered under 40 CFR part 79 prior to any introduction into commerce. Manufacturers of renewable fuels and fuel additives not registered under part 79 will be liable for penalties under 40 CFR parts 79 in the event their unregistered product is introduced into commerce for use in a motor vehicle.

Have more questions? Submit a request