Frequent Questions

If I have a renewable fuel that was assigned a specific Equivalence Value in regulation Section 80.1115, but I don't think that Equivalence Value is right for my product, what options do I have?

Producers or importers of renewable fuel may submit a petition to the EPA requesting a different Equivalence Value from that assigned in the regulations. However, the petition must use the calculation methodology described in regulation Section 80.1115(d). In short, if the energy content or renewable content of a producer's or importer's product differs from the values used by EPA to calculate the Equivalence Values specified in regulation Section 80.1115(b), the party may be entitled to an alternative Equivalence Value.

Question and Answer was originally posted at
Have more questions? Submit a request