Frequent Questions

EPA has required that volumes be reported in gallons, but much of the industry measures volume in barrels. May volume be reported in barrels?

No. If necessary, convert the volume in barrels to gallons using the proper conversion factor (42 gals/bbl) and round the result to the nearest whole gallon. When rounding fractional values, values from 0.01 to 0.49 should be rounded down to the unit value and values from 0.50 to
0.99 should be rounded up to the next highest unit value.(7/1/94)

This question and answer is posted at The original was posted in the Q&A posted on 7/1/94 which can found at" See Question ID 3857 for RFG (Taken from the first question on
Have more questions? Submit a request