Frequent Questions

Where are the product transfer documents requirements found in the RFG regulations and what do they require?

The product transfer documents (PTD) requirements are found in § 80.77 of the regulations for reformulated gasoline and RBOB and in § 80.106 for conventional gasoline. These sections require that on each occasion when any person transfers title or custody of any gasoline (with the exception of gasoline sold or dispensed at a retail outlet or wholesale purchaser-consumer for use in motor vehicles), the transferor must provide to the transferee the specific information pertaining to the fuel required in the product transfer document sections.

The PTD requirements are not intended to require the creation of any new documentation in most situations. Instead, these requirements intend that parties include the PTD information in the documentation currently used to memorialize the transfer of title or custody of gasoline.(7/1/94)

This question and answer is posted at The original was posted in the Q&A posted on 7/1/94 which can found at" See Question ID 3857 for RFG (Taken from the first question on
Have more questions? Submit a request